Enterprise & Finance
The Enterprise and Finance Pathway is suited to students who wish to follow careers in a wide range of commercial fields including accountancy, banking, investment and management consultancy. It will also be appropriate for students who wish to develop entrepreneurial skills.
Students are likely to study Economics and/or Business Management. It may be advantageous for students looking to go on to study an Economics, Business or Finance related degree to also choose Maths. A modern language is also strongly recommended; “at a time of globalisation of business and finance, the ability to communicate in a foreign language can significantly enhance your career prospects” (UCL website).
Students who do not study Maths A-Level are strongly recommended to opt for Core Maths. Students who do not study a Pre-U language should seriously consider the Business German or French courses.
- Core Maths
- Extended Project Qualification
- CLB German or French
- Enterprise activity: Young Enterprise and CHS Enterprise competition
- Richard Barker Essay Competition involvement
- Leadership course
- Enterprise course
- Internships and work experience: Santander WorkWise Programme and Work Experience / HSBC Work Experience / JP Morgan Insight Day / Nomura Experience
- Apprenticeships focus: Barclays Higher Apprenticeships / PWC School Leavers
- I.E.A. Budget essay competition
- Economics competitions: Bank of England and IEA
- Financial studies course
Each student will design their own bespoke programme at the beginning of the year in conjunction with the staff leading the pathway.