Students should opt for the Sports Pathway if they would like to develop and improve their personal performance as a player/performer or if they have an interest in pursuing a sports related career.
BTEC Sport Extended Diploma
Through the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma students will receive the equivalent of three A Levels covering units such as Anatomy and Physiology, Analysis of Sporting Performance and a Research Investigation in Sport and Exercise Science. Click here for further information about content and assessment of the BTEC Sport.
Students can study any combination of A-Levels and/or Pre-U subjects with any Plus one option and still take advantage of the Sports Pathway.
Students following the Sports Pathway will be asked to choose a combination of the following options:
- Strength and Conditioning Programme
- Individual Performance Analysis
- Small group performance coaching in major sports offered at CHS
- Coaching/Officiating Qualifications
- Work Experience within the PE Department at CHS
- Work Experience outside CHS with professional sports clubs and agencies