The Benefits of Working at Cheadle Hulme School
Our greatest asset, and the key to our success is our people. We want to attract and retain the best, provide them with encouragement, stimulus and ensure that they feel valued as an integral part of the School community.
Other benefits include:
Pension Scheme membership (Subject to eligibility)
Death in Service benefit (Subject to eligibility)
Private health insurance (Permanent staff)
Lunches provided (served by the award-wining Catering Team Sodexo), as well as tea/coffee making facilities
- Remission of Senior School fees (Permanent staff)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (supporting staff through the provision of confidential counselling, advice and referrals on a wide variety of work and personal issues, 24 hours a day, seven days a week)
- On-site Car Parking
- Use of the School’s fitness suite and swimming pool with changing facilities (subject to School Procedures)
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme for Cycle to Work with cycle storage and changing facilities
- Yoga/Pilates classes after school hours
- Regular social events
- Staff discounts at local shops and restaurants
Further benefits for Teaching Staff
- Each teacher has access to an individual iPad
- There are weekly Staff Briefings and regular Departmental Meetings, Curriculum, Reporting, Assessment and Diary meetings, all of which will keep you well-informed and give you an opportunity to voice your idea
- Although staff will be asked to cover for some absent colleagues, the School uses the services of additional cover staff throughout the year
- Staff House provides both a downstairs Common Room/social area, and computer access and individual working carrels in the 'Quiet Area' upstairs, for all Senior School teaching staff who do not have a base elsewhere in School
- Tea and coffee are provided for staff in Staff House at Recess and there is access to the kitchen area throughout the day
- In the Junior School, there is also a Staff Common Room and quiet working area with IT facilities
Set in 83 acres of countryside with fine historical Victorian buildings, Cheadle Hulme School is a fantastic environment to work in.
Cheadle Hulme School is part of an alliance of schools. This partnership includes Altrincham College of Arts, Gorsey Bank Primary School, Hursthead Junior School, The Kingsway School, Moat House, Priestnall School and Marple Hall School, along with Manchester Metropolitan University.
The ‘Altius Teaching Alliance’ is led by Cheadle Hulme High School, which is a Teaching School. We hope that this will lead to greater interaction and cooperation, especially in the areas of Initial Teacher Training and Continuous Professional Development of our staff.
Teaching Staff Development
- If you are joining the School straight from a PGCE course, we offer full NQT Induction.
- If you join us as an experienced colleague, you will also benefit from the School’s New-Staff Induction scheme.
- There are regular staff INSET days during the course of the year.
- Every member of teaching staff has a Professional Development Plan, the aim of which is to provide a consistent and complete professional review and development framework for every teacher in the School.
- Excellent Continuing Professional Development provision for all members of staff.