Our Vision and Aims
This is applicable to all students in the School including those in an EYFS setting.
- That each student experiences a challenging, dynamic and relevant education which enables them to reach their full academic potential and flourish in a rapidly changing world;
- That each student develops a lifelong love of learning, is able to work effectively both independently and collaboratively and appreciates that learning extends beyond the confines of examination courses ;
- That each student discovers and develops a broad and relevant set of skills and aptitudes which enable them to undertake useful and effective roles in their communities and beyond;
- That each student develops a strong set of personal values and aspires to be a positive role model;
- That each student learns to value themselves and others, appreciates difference and individuality and supports those in need.
We aim to achieve these aims through:
- An approach to education which values individual effort, active engagement, collaborative learning and deepens thinking and communication skills;
- A co-educational environment which enables boys and girls to learn, work and develop together, enabling each to inspire the other;
- A strong pastoral care system centred around the principles of well-being and which embraces social inclusivity by building upon the School’s founding philanthropic values ;
- A range of learning environments which develop flexible learning and the ability to respond to and thrive in a technologically sophisticated world;
- A varied, inclusive and stimulating range of co-curricular opportunities, which complement and extend the curriculum.