Working at Cheadle Hulme School
Cheadle Hulme School is a wonderful place to work.
Our staff community is wide-ranging, with a diverse mix of colleagues working across many different areas of our school. Everyone is encouraged to immerse themselves in School life; there are numerous concerts, productions, exhibitions and events throughout the year, giving us chance to socialise.
We are lucky to work on such a beautiful site. Our school stands on extensive grounds in a Green Belt and its campus is maintained to a high standard. Students are enthusiastic, well-mannered and motivated, with supportive parents. Staff are friendly and work very much as a team. The extensive range of co-curricular activities offer opportunities to develop numerous interests.
- Pension Scheme membership (subject to eligibility criteria).
- Private Health Insurance scheme for permanent staff (as a taxable benefit).
- Remission of Senior School fees for permanent staff.
- Free use of the School’s fitness suite and swimming pool (subject to School Procedures).
- Salary Sacrifice Schemes for Cycle to Work and Childcare Vouchers.
- Free car parking.
- Lunches are provided free of charge during term-time by the award-winning Independents by Sodexo team.
- Sport and ICT facilities within School are excellent.
- Each teacher has access to an individual iPad.
- There are weekly Staff Briefings and regular Departmental Meetings, Curriculum, Reporting, Assessment and Diary meetings, all of which will keep you well-informed and give you an opportunity to voice your idea.
- Although staff will be asked to cover for some absent colleagues, the School uses the services of additional cover staff throughout the year.
- Staff House provides both a downstairs Common Room/social area, and computer access and individual working carrels in the 'Quiet Area' upstairs, for all Senior School teaching staff who do not have a base elsewhere in School.
- Tea and coffee are provided for staff in Staff House at Recess and there is access to the kitchen area throughout the day.
- In the Junior School, there is also a Staff Common Room and quiet working area with IT facilities.
Cheadle Hulme School is part of an alliance of schools. This partnership includes Altrincham College of Arts, Gorsey Bank Primary School, Hursthead Junior School, The Kingsway School, Moat House, Priestnall School and Marple Hall School, along with Manchester Metropolitan University.
The ‘Altius Teaching Alliance’ is led by Cheadle Hulme High School, which is a Teaching School. We hope that this will lead to greater interaction and cooperation, especially in the areas of Initial Teacher Training and Continuous Professional Development of our staff.
Teaching Staff Development
- If you are joining the School straight from a PGCE course, we offer full NQT Induction.
- If you join us as an experienced colleague, you will also benefit from the School’s New-Staff Induction scheme.
- There are regular staff INSET days during the course of the year.
- Every member of teaching staff has a Professional Development Plan, the aim of which is to provide a consistent and complete professional review and development framework for every teacher in the School.
- Excellent Continuing Professional Development provision for all members of staff.