Sixth Form Curriculum
Academic rigour is at the heart of the Cheadle Hulme School Sixth Form experience.
Learning is supported by excellent teaching and students are encouraged to explore their own academic interests through extension classes and extended project work, alongside their core academic subjects.
Smaller class sizes enable students to engage wholeheartedly with their academic study and allow Form Tutors to know each student as an individual, providing them with tailored advice regarding university choices and life after CHS.
- 100% pass rate at A Level
- A Value Added education; students can expect to achieve at least half a grade higher in every subject than projected
- Small, shared-interest Tutor Groups
- Subject Mentors in the most competitive university subjects
- University-style tutorials
- Additional lessons and interview practice for Oxbridge applicants
- Preparation for BMAT, UKCAT, HAT and LNAT tests
Sixth Form Curriculum 2018
At CHS we know that each student is an individual, with their own personal goals and ambitions. We want to support our students as much as we can to reach those goals and fulfil their ambitions. We also know that, in the competitive worlds of higher education and employment, academic qualifications on their own are unlikely to be enough to get you noticed. If we offered a really rigid curriculum then we wouldn’t be doing that Job very well. If we only offered a narrow diet of academic qualifications, then we would be letting you down.
The Sixth Form Curriculum from 2018 offers:
- a free choice of all of the subjects on offer (GCSE grades permitting); we don’t limit subject combinations and we build the timetable around student choices, rather than forcing them to work within a constrained selection of subjects;
- the choice of studying three subjects or four and, for those who only want to study three, access a range of exciting ‘Plus 1’ alternatives that will build their portfolio of skills; making our students more attractive to universities and employers alike;
- an enrichment programme that is tailored to specific career ambitions and in which, if you don’t like the options available, you can design your own personal programme;
- a selection of Pathways through the Sixth Form that will combine subject choices, ‘Plus 1’ options, enrichment and co-curricular activities into a coherent whole that maximises each student’s career opportunities after CHS. The Pathways available include, Arts, STEM, Enterprise, Medical Sciences, Elite Sport, Enterprise & Finance and Modern Languages, with more in the pipeline.