We aim to ensure that each student experiences a challenging, dynamic and relevant education which enables them to reach their full academic potential and flourish in a rapidly changing world.
Our Vision and Aims
This is applicable to all students in the School including those in an EYFS setting.
- That each student experiences a challenging, dynamic and relevant education which enables them to reach their full academic potential and flourish in a rapidly changing world;
- That each student develops a love of learning that extends beyond the confines of examination courses, and is able to work effectively in a variety of settings;
- That each student develops a strong set of personal values and learns to value themselves and others, appreciating difference and individuality and supporting those in need or less fortunate than themselves;
- That each student discovers and develops a broad and relevant set of skills and aptitudes which enable them to undertake useful and effective roles in their communities.
We aim to achieve these aims through:
- An approach to education which fosters and encourages the core Waconian Values of Integrity, Endeavour, Resilience, Compassion and Contribution;
- A co-educational environment which enables boys and girls to learn, work and develop together, enabling each to inspire the other;
- A strong pastoral care system centred upon the principles of well-being;
- A commitment to social inclusivity and outreach, building upon the School’s founding philanthropic values;
- A range of learning environments which develop flexible and independent learning and the ability to respond to and thrive in a technologically-sophisticated world;
- A varied, inclusive and stimulating range of co-curricular opportunities, which complement and extend the curriculum.